Monday, September 13, 2010

Tony's Pizza Palace

Tony's Pizza Palace was a nice spot. They do both pizza and Greek Cuisine. Their kitchen is right out front so you can watch them make the crust for your pizza. It's really hot in the front area from the pizza oven. It's loud with the oven opening and closing, and the smell of pizza definitely waftin' about. The folks working there were very nice and laid back.

Unfortunately I decided to get onion rings, and they didn't really float my boat at the time being, but there were some serious onion inside those rings. The waitress gave me ketchup to go with them, and I'm not really a big ketchup fan, so it kind of bummed me out.

All of the seats and booths matched and were in good condition, something that's kind of hard to imagine for a place that seems it's been around for a while on a pretty low budget. The ceiling tiles were stained white/brown. There was industrial blue carpet. On the walls I think were pictures of places in Greece. Pillars and whatnot. Tony's obviously isn't the hotspot of Columbia, but they seem to cater mostly to the people in the neighborhood just north of Walnut Street.

They probably have frequent fliers as their main clientele. I think there were two other families sitting in the restaurant when I came in, maybe neighbors from down the street. They were talking about sick people and some raunchy old guy that was always bugging them. Everyone was drinking soda except for one woman with a bud light.

Another group of people sat there looking like zombies for the most part. I didn't really see much interaction. Two middle-aged women and a middle-aged man.

I didn't really get a good look at their pizzas, but it looks like a thin crust somewhat resembling Emo's pizza.

Also! They had some nice video games out front. I forget exactly what they are off the top of my head, though. What I do remember is I would have played the machine to the left if I had a bit more motivation.

The waitress helped me open up a new pair of headphones with a butter knife. She was nice. The store forgot to take the security tag off the package and we complained about when they forget to do so, and it makes you look kind of sketchy trying to open the thing/get the tag off later on.

When I paid for my food the man at the register had a fancy watch with all sorts of doodads inside. I complimented him and he said thanks.

No comments:

Post a Comment