Wednesday, September 1, 2010

One of my favorite things!

So todays class to me was very exciting when we talked about sound and audio. I have always had an obsession with sound and how it can work with video. Michel Gondry has been one of my favorite filmmakers for quite some time now, his work was one of the key reasons I was interested in film in the first place (along with my critiquing talents!). Today seeing "Fell in love with a girl" was really awesome and got my wheels turning on some other videos that I would love to share. The first is by Mountain Man, they are a three piece of women and this is just a display of how sound can be captured and is amazing in a natural setting. The are singing in a tunnel in San Fransico.

Mountain Man "Mouthwings" [part 1 of 3] from Yours Truly on Vimeo.


Another video that is around the lines of syncing up audio to visual. This video is by Chris Cunningham, who is another that inspired me, but in a slightly darker way. The artistic talent he has in manipulating video images is quite cool. This is a video he did for Squarpusher.



Squarepusher - Come On My Selector

The final video I would like to share for the evening is just because I LOVE Liars, they are my favorite band, and this video, well I just like it and think you should watch it :).



Liars "Scissor" from A Bruntel on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment