Sunday, September 5, 2010

Some Music Videos for Thought



I really like the way this song has been remixed and the pace changed, but the melody still kept the same. I also enjoy the visuals that change with the beat. When all of these clips are put together they make a very beautiful, although random, assortment.






I remember the first time I ever saw the music video for "Follow You Into the Dark" by Death Cab for Cutie. My cousin and I were at a family get together and he pulled me over to our grandpa's computer and showed it to me. When it was over, he just looked at me and was said "isn't that cool? It's like what the heck? But it's really simple". I like that the story is mysterious yet simple, and at the end there is a twist. I also like that it fits the song, but at the same time it doesn't.





This music video is very simple and made up of drawings strung together that give it a very jumpy quality. I think it fits the mood of the song very nicely and makes for a visually interesting and intellectually relaxing piece of video.


I love this music video because it combines post secret with a driving alternative rock song. The song itself is good, and the secrets make the video very entertaining. It also forces the viewer to pay attention so they can read all the secrets on the screen.





This music video is one of my new favorites. I heard the song while I was sitting in traffic in Los Angeles and immediately fell in love with it. I've been looking for a music video that went along with it, and they have finally posted one. I love the use of scratched film combined with digital. The art direction is perfect for the feel of the beach, using lots of yellows, reds and oranges. The editing is also fantastic because it goes with the beat and allows for a variety of shots that focus on not just the band or the "lovers" but also the people and sights of the places they go. Overall the video just suits the song perfectly.

No comments:

Post a Comment