Monday, September 13, 2010

One Friday Eve

I went to a eatery in Columbia, MO. It was called Mississippi Fish Shack. I had been there once before for a meal over the winter break season. When I had gone that time, I was watching the weather and walkers outside, thinking of my family about to arrive for the holiday. This time was much different. I was in no hurry to receive my food, and payed attention to the people inside rather than outside. When I first arrived, there was a couple in the front room, and a table in the back room where I was placed. It was around 4:30 and it was quite. I was listening to the chatter of the table next to me, along with the waiters throughout the restaurant. around 5 the business started to pick up with another table and up until I left at around 5:45, there were people coming in, seemed about rush time. The chatter of the restaurant was interesting, I learned where the owner started out and how she came to own the fish shack, where they were moving too and why, as well as many interesting tidbits about these strangers all around me. It was an interesting experience, I have done this before and listened to conversations while at restaurants, parks, where ever I am; but this time it was different not communicating with the outside world or my own head. I enjoy doing this, it is in a way a type of meditation, I am not looking at my self, I am soaking up my fellow people and surroundings. I would have to say, that was a very interesting way for me to start my evening.

p.s. The Mississippi Fish Shack is moving to Ash and Providance, will be open by Wednesday and is very tasty.

1 comment:

  1. i want me some fried pickles right now sooooooooo bad. i saw the guys holding a grand opening sign over there the other day and totally hollered at 'em out the car window.

    ReplyDelete