Monday, September 6, 2010

Mus-ak

Do you ever have a band that seems to follow you around your whole life? I have a couple of those. The ones that I never stop liking, from the minute I hear them, for the rest of forever. One of these bands for me, is the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. I really like Karen O. (who doesn't?) I think she is really bold and does whatever she wants. I admire her for this. That's why one of the music videos that I am really excited about comes from her band...





Next is this Florence and the Machine video, I really like this one because it's really costume focused. I love it when people wear ridiculous things in videos, I'm a big fan of people who can really perform, and aren't afraid to take risks.


Also this is crazy...
http://vimeo.com/channels/hd#14252396

2 comments:

  1. I know what you mean about a band following you around after the first time you hear them. I didn't want to like the All American Rejects, but after the first time I heard them, I was hooked.

    I also agree with you about people wearing cool costumes and being performers. Musicians are essentially performers when they decide to star in their own music videos and I think they need to accept that. As embaracing as it is to admite, I like Katie Perry's california girls partially because her music video is so fantastical and cheesy at the same time. K$sha is also an amazing performer when she performs live, she makes some interesting choices.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Chelsea, there is a documentary called Kill Your Idols that focuses on the rise Noise Music, coming from the punk era. You should check it out. Not to tell you that Karen O isn't cool, becuase I used to think she was amazing, and the music they put out is pretty rad, but her thoughts on music and the way she presents herself is kind of a put down. I was disapointed, but how she works artisticly is interesting. But nice video choices.

    ReplyDelete