Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Yokono!





Recently I watched the LennoNYC on PBS while I was home on Thanksgivng and what a treat it was! It was excellently done and very interesting.
I remember talking to my dad about it afterwords, who is a huge Beatles fan, thought that Yoko was not such a horrible person that a lot of people pegged her as. I feel that Yoko is making a comeback in a big way not that she out ever in my mind.

I find her instructions quite intriguing a part of me wants to run around town and do all of these exercises and another part of me does not understand why. It is an interesting book to someone who is bored all the time they would have instructions to follow always. It also seems helpful if your uninspired to just do something unique and get out of your head a little bit and experience life.

The collecting piece
Collect sounds in your mind that you have heard throughout the week. Repeat them in different orders one afternoon.

It is hard to remember so many noises and sounds of a week. I have been listening carefully and playing things back in my head but all I seem to remember is songs that people hum one particularly is from my niece's favorite show Yo Gabba Gabba.. "Try it and you'll like it..."

Snow Piece
Take a tape of the snow falling. This should be done in the evening. Do not listen to the tape. Cut it and use the strings to tie gifts with. Make a gift wrapper if you wish using the same process with a phonosheet.

I love the idea of wrapping presents with the sound of snow and the person has no idea. It seems so sweet and nice. I would love to do this before christmas hopefully if we get our first snow! Which is always the best.

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jacqui, I enjoyed Snow Piece as well, I have actually been wanting to do the same thing. We missed the first snow a few days ago, but hopefully in the weeks to come there will be some great ones! All I can say is that I am going to Itchy's and finding some old tapes/ recorders and gonna take a crack at some of her sound Pieces, I hope you have fun experimenting too!

    ReplyDelete