Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Playing with Yoko

So I never really thought much as far as grand thoughts for Yoko due to her failure as being able to keep up with Johns focals in some of his home recorded things. Yes, I was once a huge fan and still am, but slightly in the closet now. Yoko's musical projects were brought to my attention in the past year as being no so terrible as far as noise and just experimental which I had more of a respect for. Her book Grapefruit is wonderful, and I am really begining to like Yoko with a different attitude for her, I could see why John would like her so much. My previous piece titled "Cuddle Piece" was inspired by Yoko's "Room Piece 1 and 2", but what I am really excited and planing on trying, is the sound piece titled "Voice Piece for Soprano". I did the scream against the wind, but I want to experiment more and scream against more things and record them. It is on my list of personal experiments to do this year. Another thing that cought my eye as well as made me giggle was the "Laundry Piece", I would love to take my laundry from the day and tell people about it in my home, give them no explanation, just do it, and see their reactions, it sounds marvelous.

here is a song I was listening to by Yoko Ono and the Plastic Ono Band while writing this.
Have fun with Yoko!

No comments:

Post a Comment