Saturday, November 27, 2010

Yoko!


So I have been reading out of the Yoko Ono book, and I am thinking that it would be cool to spend a day with her. She has a weird sort of backward nonsensical way of thinking about things, that also seem to have a deeper meaning.
The two that struck me were :
Mask Peice

Wear a blank mask.
Ask people to put in wrinkles, dimples,
eyes, mouth, etc., as you go.
1964 Spring

This entry is really great to me, I'm kind of infatuated with masks at the moment. I can't stop drawing them! It mostly just made me happy when I read this one. It would be an interesting experiment as well, to walk around with a blank mask and have people draw on it. It's kind of sad that I immediately think that someone would draw something rude on the mask, hah, but maybe they wouldn't! Who's to say. The second entry is:

Animal Piece

Take one mannerism from one kind of
animal and make it yours for a week.

Take another mannerism from another
kind of animal and make it yours
without dropping the previously
acquired mannerism.

Go on increasing manerisms by
taking them from different kinds
of animals.
1963 summer

I really love this one, it's sort of hilarious to me because have you ever seen a person and thought, wow, if they were an animal, they would be a squirrel. Or a horse. Or a bird. It's not even because they look like that animal or anything, it just has to do with their very slight mannerisms, the way they act and react to their environments. I love thinking about how humans are really just animals. Yeah, I am a fan of Yoko.

No comments:

Post a Comment