Sunday, November 7, 2010

Scultpture Installation Artist



For my art installation project, I found inspiration from an artist, Sarah Walko.
She makes small installation sculptures out of every day objects she finds. She places them in non-traditional places like telephone booths and park benches.

I thought it would be interesting to make small everyday objects out of plaster and paint them. I was thinking of objects such as pencils, pens, cups, keys. Things that are normally ignored and passed over. I was going to place them at various places around town, inside stores, random parks and such. I like how this mixes up the traditional museum installation and is kind of a portable art that anyone can come upon and take.


Here is the website of Sarah Walko
Here is an interesting interview article

This website also features plenty of interesting artists and about their work.

No comments:

Post a Comment