Friday, November 5, 2010

Installation Art Proposal.

As far as installation are pieces we look at go, I am particularly interested in video installation art. I think the interesting thing about them is that it resembles a sort of god like presence, I guess I feel that way because it's a shining light beaming down onto a surface, and you can't always see where it's coming from. That is something that I am particularly interested in. So anyway, back on topic, I know that I am choosing to do the social practice project over the installation project so when I was thinking of ideas for the installation proj. I was sort of thinking really big scale, in a utopian sort of, if time and money and copyright was no issue, what would I do? The installation idea that I had was to show the animation that I posted on the blog a couple days ago in a tent that was painted to look like at old fashioned school house. It could be a tent like the ones that kids play in when they are little, but maybe a little bigger so that adults could fit inside. There would be one little screen with headphones that the person could sit and watch. I think that this animation on the way that the education system is set up today is so great, and it's an idea I have often thought about. It's hard to think of how to change such a deep problem, and it seems like everyone is realizing what a crisis it is, which makes me think of the movie Waiting for Superman, which is playing in theaters now on the same topic. I would want to play this animation in several places around town. The moving school house. I would like to show it on all of the college campuses in town, as well as public places that are non education related, because part of the idea that I am interested in spreading is the idea that people who are brilliant, think they aren't because the education system has failed them. So I think playing it in places like public parks or in front of public places that people have to go every day, like grocery stores or a gas station... somewhere a person might see this little tent, go inside and be inspired and go out and want to be educated, self motivated and a better person in general. It could change the world!!!!....okay, well, at least watch it and think about it. Thinking about it would be good enough I think. Because that is the first step. So this is my idea.....what do you guys think?

No comments:

Post a Comment