Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Al Jarnow's Animations

Thought you might be as excited about his work as I am. Jarnow did a lot of animations for children's television (mostly public TV) in the 70's and 80s'... We can thank him for the scores of children raised on psychedelic animations on Sesame Street where young minds were bent, invited to time-travel, and explore the world in new ways!

Here are some videos...

Animation that allows for time travel...


This one does a great job demystifying the actual process of animation and reveals how this very film was made. Makes me want to try making cubes like that too. Here is "Cubits":


Here is a trailer for a recently released DVD of his work - looks pretty darn exciting!

2 comments:

  1. I'd like to rent the DVD, think it's available at Hitt St?

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is awesome! I really like the animation style of the time travel thing. It sort of reminds me of the The Point, I think because of the voice over. Have you ever seen it?
    That whole DVD book package extravaganza sounds pretty amazing as well.

    ReplyDelete