Tuesday, February 8, 2011

My Case Study Proposal

Okay, so below I am posting the proposal I will be turning in. Just the basics, not too much detail. I will bore you with all that later : )

Film: Slumdog Millionaire

Why: I personally really enjoyed this film and found out from research that it had a great social impact.

Social Impact: Tourism in India decreased drastically, affecting India’s economy. It changed the way the world viewed Indian culture. There was a controversy spurred when people learned that the local actors, mostly children, from the movie were still living in “slums”, not benefiting from the film’s multi-million dollar success.

Misc: For my project, I would like to go further in depth into the issues presented above. I am excited about the project now that I have found a film that had social impact and that I enjoyed.

No comments:

Post a Comment