Sunday, February 13, 2011

My Case Study Proposal: On the Waterfront

My case study proposal: On The Waterfront.

Why: Not only does the film ‘s storyline directly confront the activity of Union for manual laborers, but also Kanan the director uses the film to release some of his own personal tension regarding communism and the threat of being black listed.

The film is about a young ex boxer named Terry, who while working for his brothers boss, inadvertently involves himself in the murder of a young girls brother, all because the brother threatens the position of johhny, Terry’s brothers boss.

Not only would I like to research the actually script and the social problems within the film, but also Kazan involvement with communism and macarthyism at that time.

I chose this film because as a film major, it was one of the first films I ever watched and found that I thoroughly enjoyed, even though it felt "Scholarly"... :D

No comments:

Post a Comment