Friday, August 27, 2010

Chad VanGaalen!

So I was thinking about what might be appropriate to share and then I remembered Mr. Chad VanGaalen! He is an excellent artist on many fronts. Not only is he a fantastic musician, but creates his own animated music videos, illustrates all of the art packaging for his albums and also makes instrumental music under the alias Black Mold. Right now he is on the Canadian label Flemish Eye and also distributes music in the U.S. through the Sub Pop label. What makes his music so wonderful is this sense of magical melancholy. It's the only way I can think to describe it. You can find that in both groups, but the lyrics under his self-titled work. For example:

An Excerpt From Willow Tree

Sleep all day
Just waiting for the sun to set
I hang my clothes
Up on the line

When I die
I'll hang my head beside the willow tree
When I'm dead
Is when I'll be free

Check out some of his music videos!








Chad VanGaalen - Molten Light
Uploaded by subpoprecords. - Music videos, artist interviews, concerts and more.



No comments:

Post a Comment