Monday, August 30, 2010

Awareness

After class on Friday, there were many issues discussed that were unsettling to me. I have always thought that I tried pretty hard to stay aware of social and certain political issues. I guess I thought that way to make myself feel better for an excuse not to do anything about the things that I am learning about. It always seems difficult to try and do something in a very small way. It is hard to think that little bit is significant. It is interesting to think of all the little pieces that make up the technological world we currently live in and depend on daily.

I have heard about the civil war in Congo but not the particular reasons for the constant fighting. I decided to research more about Coltan and the other mining assets the country has the potential to be a developed and thriving country. The country of Congo just turned 50 this past summer.

http://www.npr.org/templates/story/story.php?storyId=128208303

No comments:

Post a Comment