Sunday, December 5, 2010

"NOWNESS" as interpreted by Jennifer Razor

So I got to the point in Devotional Cinema when the topic of time comes up. Nathaniel Dorsky says that there is "relative time" and "nowness". Something really hilarious came to mind, and I know it's probably way off base compared to what Dorsky is trying to say, BUT, maybe Ivan Reitman is the genius he speaks of. Dorsky defines nowness as "transcending the passage of time", also as "your presence while relative time slips under your feet".

What came to mind, God save me, is Ghostbusters 2. On World of the Psychic with Peter Venkman, he ends the show saying -

"Until then, this is Peter Venkman saying[puts a finger to his temple and sends out a thought to his viewers](laughs) See you then!"

EVERYTIME I see this, I have the exact same reaction, which is to laugh with Bill Murray as he does this. This is probably something that Dorsky would totally vom at, but I thought it was kind of hilarious that I had such a reaction.

Check out the clip at 44 seconds and ENJOY!




No comments:

Post a Comment